Many good things are happening in Verity's little corner of the world! Let's celebrate!
PRESCHOOL! Verity gets to ride the bus Monday - Thursday and join her little classmates for morning preschool. We are so thankful she can do this in person, as we have seen good things happening for her development. She does get tuckered out and once even fell asleep in class, ha! But the experiences she is having and interaction with her teachers and classmates are all having such a positive effect on our girl. We are grateful for our nurses who accompany her there and back and give us great reports and photos!!
CRAWLER--after sitting in the NuMotion office for NINE MONTHS due to insurance issues (hmm, enough time to grow a baby), a beautiful Creepster Crawler is finally OURS! We use it to help Verity do some weight bearing in the quad position. She has gone from utter dislike to tolerating and even seeming to "enjoy" (that may be a little strong) the device. The ultimate goal, of course, is to help her understand that SHE CAN move herself! We are still working on sitting up on our own as well. I don't yet have a picture of her in the crawler, but here's a photo of her sitting without our support doing one of her favorite things: playing her little piano! We do have to watch her carefully, as she can hurl herself out of the chair unexpectedly, but it's so great to see her making these strides.
Other developmental things:
- Blowing bubbles...spit bubbles, that is!
- Smiling and laughing spontaneously
- Interacting with her toys on her own
- Responding to her siblings and enjoying play time
- Surpassing 24 pounds! She's still teeny, but man, is she getting SOLID! She's so strong and healthy!
- Using her core more and more...she's close to sitting up on her own and COULD if she wanted to!