My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:28, 50 ESV)

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Birthday Bliss

Where does the time go?! It's been over a month since we had Verity's birthday party (theme: "Joy comes in the morning"), but I still smile in delight when I think about that special day. Out-of-town guests included my parents and two dear friends who flew to Colorado to spend some time with us and help prepare for the part. On party day, the weather was beautiful--sunny and warm--and we welcomed dozens of friends and loved ones who chose to spend part of their weekend celebrating this milestone with us. It was so precious to visit with everyone and to testify to God's faithfulness in this journey. 

We don't have any way of knowing how many more birthdays we will be able to celebrate with Verity, but somehow, now that we've passed the One Year Milestone, it seems as if we've let out a collective sigh of relief. We don't take for granted the time we have with her, but neither are we anxious about impending doom, a feeling that weighed us down for much of the past year. We know with Trisomy 18 we will never be completely free of a hovering "what if," but Lord willing, we are learning to treasure the moments we do have--not only with Verity, but with each of our children, for we know that our lives are but a mist in light of eternity. May we rise each morning with joy in our hearts no matter the circumstances.







No comments:

Post a Comment