My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:28, 50 ESV)

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Doctor Input...Finally!

After two months, Verity finally had an appointment! I never thought I'd be so happy to take her to a doctor, lol. After her first several months of life, with multiple appointments each week, I thought I'd enjoy a bit of a break so we could focus on our move, unpacking, getting settled, etc. And it would have been fine if Verity's condition hadn't changed once we moved to Colorado!

Anyway, we saw our new military pediatrician, Dr. Hatch, and I like him just fine. He's not Dr. Toth, who did happy dances every time he saw us because of how amazing Verity was doing, BUT I will give him the benefit of the doubt since he needs to get to know us, ha! I did feel bad for him because, despite our best efforts (including an in-person visit by my in-uniform husband ahead of time), somehow he was not given any of Verity's information beforehand...so I spent a half hour waiting with a nearly naked Verity in the exam room while he went through paperwork to acquaint himself with Verity's file. Verity passed the time by soiling two diapers and made a FABULOUS first impression by having a full-on blowout on the table just after Dr. Hatch came in the room. Ha!

So, the rundown: Verity is 11.6 pounds, 22.5 inches. She has only gained one pound in the last 2 months, but she is proportional and following her own growth curve, and Dr. Hatch was not concerned about that. I was relieved, because when I realized her weight gain was only one pound, I immediately began worrying that her reflux was harming her growth. :-( But he is pleased with how she looks overall and stressed that she has her own growth curve and based on that, she is doing great.

Everything we talked about went onto a notepad, and he granted everything we asked for as far as tests and referrals PLUS some we hadn't specifically addressed. His nurse called me early the next morning to confirm the vast list of referrals, which include GI, orthopedics, cardiology, ENT (for a sleep study), ophthalmology, PT, OT, neurology, genetics...and I don't even know if I've listed everything! (My list is hastily written elsewhere...)

Meanwhile...we still had a really rough week with Verity's feeding and tummy issues, but we may have stumbled upon some solutions. I will have to leave you hanging, though, because it's time for AWANA! Plus, I want to give our new protocol time to see what happens. But the good news?

Verity slept for 8 hours last night!!!


4 comments:

  1. Doing my happy dance!!!!! Praise God!! This is wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 whole hours!!!!! Wow!! Did u sleep or were you up checking on her lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you KIDDING!!!! 8 hours!! That is a miracle Beverly. I am jumping up and down. Praise Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you KIDDING!!!! 8 hours!! That is a miracle Beverly. I am jumping up and down. Praise Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete