My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:28, 50 ESV)

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Bustin' Out

It looks like we will be heading HOME before too long! Verity and I are looking forward to sleeping in our own beds tonight! I intend to make this a QUICK update:

* Her sats have been 96-100 the whole time (except for when she's kicking her legs, lol).

* Last night was not terrible but not great. Kinda normal for Verity...waking every 15-30 minutes for a couple of hours, and then once an hour for a few hours, and then 3 hours of straight sleep...starting about when the sun was coming up and Mom was waking. Sigh.

* Verity had an amazingly happy, content wake time for about 4 hours in the morning! She was interacting with me and the nurses, even giving the other ladies smiles!

* She has done great with all of her feedings. Every now and then she gets squirmy and fussy about halfway through, but she hasn't vomited a single bit!

* Three poops in the last 24 hours! Substantial ones, lol. She typically is an every-day pooper, but the last week she was going a couple of days between poos.

* Verity is still a bit congested but not bad. I haven't had to suction her nearly as much as yesterday, and when I do, it's a lot less "gunk." (Tip: Holding the lid of my peppermint oil under her nose makes her get really still and inhale deeply!)

* I finally saw the doctor just after noon. She said that today we switch from IV antibiotics to oral, and if Verity tolerates her next feed (which begins in about 15 minutes!), we can get discharged!

Verity is snoozing at the moment; she napped about an hour or so, woke up and fussed, then pooped, and then promptly fell asleep after her diaper change.

All in all, things are going well. I'm going to pack up my stuff in anticipation of being discharged as soon as possible once 3:00 comes! (Her feeds are 70ml over an hour.) I'm grateful we caught the UTI early...it certainly wasn't on our radar, but God is good and directed us to where we needed to be. And getting the reflux under control will make a HUGE difference in our everyday life at home. So, while a PICU stay wasn't in our plans for this weekend, we'll take the end results with gratitude!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that Verity is doing better. I pray for better sleep for her. Bless you as you juggle so many things. And I'm so glad she isn't vomiting so much!

    ReplyDelete