My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:28, 50 ESV)

Friday, March 9, 2018

Book Project

**Update**
I am so thrilled that we have mailed books for FREE to 15 Trisomy families so far. I now have a waiting list of families who would love a copy.

Looking for people who want to be a double blessing! Our family would like to attend the SOFT (Support Organization for Trisomy) conference this summer. I’ve been pondering ways to raise money to help cover the conference fees and have an idea that could benefit lots of other people as well! Last year I wrote a book to help Verity’s siblings prepare for her arrival—the arrival of a baby sister who was different. An artist friend beautifully illustrated my text and helped me put together a professional, finished product. When someone purchases a book, I receive a small royalty that we are setting aside to help pay for the conference. I realize that many of my friends and family are not directly touched by a Trisomy situation…thus the dilemma of spreading the word to ask people to order a book.

HOWEVER! There are many folks who WOULD be blessed and encouraged by this book! Here are some ideas…
• Order books to be given for free to families with a Trisomy 13/18 diagnosis. (You can have them shipped to me and I’ll cover postage to mail to families who join the Trisomy Facebook group. I will also take some to the SOFT conference to hand out.)
• Donate copies to a local crisis pregnancy center. (You can write a personal message inside for extra impact!)
• Donate copies to your local library.
• Donate copies to hospital resource centers, genetic counselors, palliative care teams, NICUs, etc.

Books are $15 and can be ordered at the following links:
Boy version
Girl version

Would you help in some way? Even if you aren’t able to order any books to give away, would you please share this post and spread the word? Please pm me with questions or to ask for my address if you’d like to have books shipped to me.

I would love to see many families blessed with the truths that are shared in this book…our babies may be different, but they are loved, special, created in God’s image with a purpose. Thank you in advance for helping to bring truth and peace (“Verity Irene!”) to others!

Verity: Latin, meaning "truth"
Irene: Greek, meaning "peace"


No comments:

Post a Comment