My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:28, 50 ESV)

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Hither and Yon

This week! Oh, my. I already posted about our GI appointment on Monday. It's late and my house is quiet, so I need to jump in bed while the opportunity is here. So I won't detail our adventures Tuesday, yesterday, and today, but here's a quick outline of what we've been up to:

Monday: GI Appointment
Tuesday: Echocardiogram and consultation with cardiologists; lunch for Mom and Dad; and then surgery for Verity's Achilles' tendons
Wednesday: No scheduled appointment; however, we made a trip to the ER when her feeding tube got a blockage. Sigh.
Thursday (today): Swallow study

Tomorrow Verity gets a break, although she has to come along to the military clinic for a couple of other family member's appointments.

Next Monday: Upper GI scope
Next Tuesday: Consultation with pediatric surgeon regarding placing a G-tube to replace the feeding tube...So we will presumably then mark another square on our calendar for the surgery.

Did I mention I have 8 other children?!?! Some days it seems I hardly see them. :-( BUT--I am extremely grateful that "out of the blue" three families from our church offered to bring meals this week, and I cannot begin to express how helpful that has been! I even got a much-needed nap this afternoon, the first in quite awhile.

And speaking of rest...bed is calling. We need to leave the house at 6am tomorrow for our appointments. I promise I will take some time this weekend to write about Verity's surgery and the swallow study results.

In the meantime, if you aren't already a member of our Facebook group Verity's Voice: A Trisomy 18 Song of Triumph, I invite you to look us up and see the new photo album I posted. Tuesday's events are also detailed there. I know not everyone is a Facebook user, but it's much faster to post updates there. But you'll get far more details here on the blog! I also hope to write more about what's going on in my mind (sometimes a pretty frightening place), not simply chronicle our to-do lists.


No comments:

Post a Comment