My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:28, 50 ESV)

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Very Quick Update

Charis and I returned today after a few days in Kansas City for the Region V NCFCA tournament. It was refreshing to have a bit of a break, even though our days were full, but I will say I was happy to see my other 8 children when I returned! (And as an aside, may I take a moment to brag on our daughter placing 2nd in the Apologetics category?! Proud mama here!)

Verity's feeding tube got blocked again last night, so Ted got to make a trip to the ER this time. I got his text as we were waiting for the tournament awards program to begin. We were so glad we had asked for them to keep an extra one in the NP's office! It was a much quicker visit than the week before when I had taken her in for the same issue! Thank the Lord this will all be over soon...if we can just keep that feeding tube in another 13 hours, we will be good, ha!

To prepare for the G-tube surgery tomorrow, Verity has to stop eating by 8am, only clear liquids from 8-10am (but I don't know that I want to go and buy PediaLyte?!), with surgery prep beginning at noon and the procedure scheduled for 2pm. I will need to stay overnight in the hospital with her. I have no idea what time Tuesday I'll be able to come home; but I do hope and pray we CAN come home on Tuesday, as that will mean there are no complications.

Please pray with us that the surgery goes well and that there are no problems with Verity being under anesthesia.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for successful surgery and for a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Verity is having the G-tube placed, and praying for a successful surgery. Hopefully, Ted's experience Saturday night will be the last of its kind :(

    ReplyDelete