My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:28, 50 ESV)

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Verity's Vision

On October 3 we saw a pediatric ophthalmologist to assess Verity's vision. I was pleased to hear he had worked with other Trisomy 18 patients, and he was obviously well versed in our kids' needs. I was also pleased to hear that Verity's eyes are in good shape: her optic nerve looks fine; she is a bit farsighted (common for this age), but at this point she does not need little bitty glasses (somewhat common for T18 kiddos). Dr. B wants to see us again in 6 months and especially wants to monitor her right eye because of the slight droop. (It's so endearing to me, but I didn't think about how it could affect her eyeball!)

No comments:

Post a Comment