My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:28, 50 ESV)

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Cardio Report

I posted a video report on Verity's Facebook page the day we visited the cardiologist, so I will just give a very quick rundown here.

The last time we got an echocardiogram was in Omaha in late April. At that time, the docs said that Verity's VSDs were not really a concern any longer and recommended that we get a baseline echo done once we got settled into our new location in Colorado. So, 6 months later, we were able to do just that, getting not only an echocardiogram but also an EKG (pictured below).


We are pleased to report that Verity's heart looks great! Tissue is growing over the large VSD (the one initially big enough to require surgery in her first year), and the medium-sized one is not causing problems, allowing blood flow appropriately. The pressures are balanced, and the cardiologist said that the way Verity's heart is, we EXPECT a heart murmur, and it is nothing to be concerned about (as I was following the ENT's report of hearing a murmur, the first time anyone has said anything about it).

For a more detailed report, showing the diagram the cardiologist gave me, check out the video on her Facebook page. For now, I'll leave it at this: it was a positive report, Verity did great during the exams, and we don't have to go back for another 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment