My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:28, 50 ESV)

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Support

Flowers from Ted's front office and a family from our church

The following are just SOME of the amazing words of support and encouragement we have received over the last week. God speaks...definitely through His Word, which we cling to, but also through His people who are filled with His Word and His Spirit!

***********

My heart is strangely joyful knowing that our King is holding you in His arms. I see it so clearly!

Just had the image of Moses held up by Aaron and Joshua when he felt weary from standing to proclaim God's victory before the warring Israelites. Know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we stand supporting you, encouraging you, holding you up to the Father, before a world at war against life, so that when you don't have the strength (physical or emotional) to stand, you will continue to bring glory to our ever Merciful God and to proclaim the Truth of his Goodness to a broken nation. We love you and sweet baby Verity.

We stand in agreement with you that God's peace is beyond our understanding but so needed every single day! Great is His faithfulness!

I read Ps. 111:7-8 this morning in the New King James Version, and it really spoke to me, right after your message:  "The works of His hands are verity and justice; all His precepts are sure.  They stand fast forever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness."  Praying for you and your family today!

I don't have words of wisdom to share. Just know that I simultaneously weep and rejoice with you regarding your sweet little girl. Thank you for involving me in your early circle of prayer and inviting me to walk this with you in prayer support.

May God be glorified every moment of this process. I pray that someone that you meet--a doctor, a nurse, an ultrasound tech, someone--that does not know the Lord will come to know our sweet Savior because of you and this beautiful baby.

Thank you for your openness and vulnerability. I will certainly be praying specifically for you, your little girl, Ted and your other children. You're right, God IS good. Always. 

I too carried a sweet little baby boy knowing that he would pass away after being born. Beverly, saying goodbye to my son was the hardest thing I've ever done, but feeling God hold me through the entire ordeal and seeing how he worked even that gut-wrenching situation to accomplish good in my life is also one of the biggest miracles I've ever experienced. 

I am praying for you and Ted, for Verity, and for the rest of the family. I'm sure I don't have any new words or Scripture that others haven't already shared... but just know that I am lifting you up in prayer to our Father. Much love!

Hello, my friend.  I am thinking about you.  I am praying for you!  I pray that every time the Enemy whispers "worry" you will hear the reassurance of the Holy Spirit that much louder.  When the flesh cries out "I can't do this" that your heart will stand firm in God's truth knowing that with Him you are strong in your weakness.  I love you and your family!

I am so very sorry. Thank you for including me in your circle- know that I am praying for you, Ted, your little girl, and your whole family. I've walked through the fear of the possibility of such a diagnosis, and can't imagine having to face this reality head on. Thank you for your honesty and allowing us to hurt with you and pray for you. It's okay to be scared and grieved and angry and all those things.You are in my heart and I am here for you. I love you, sweet friend, and pray for God's indescribable peace to cover you all.

My dear friend. I sit with tears for your pain and your faith. I am proud to know you. I will continue to pray for Peace to wash over you, relentlessly like waves - always sure to be coming in again.

I wanted you to know that I am in prayer for you and Verity and your family. Your faith and trust in God is incredibly evident and a true witness to me and I'm sure others. May God continue you to bless you.

I read your message right before teaching my high school biology class, and we started out or day praying for you and  your family, including this precious baby girl.  In my quiet time this morning I read Is. 43, and when I read your message, I just went back to that passage for your baby (and for you):  "But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel:  "Fear not, for I have redeemed you;   I have called you by your name; you are Mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.  When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor the flame scorch you. . . ." 

God immediately put this scripture on my heart: 
Isaiah 41:10: ‘Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
Please know I am praying for you right now, sending strength and comfort. I'm hugging you right now. I'm here for you. Love you dear Sister in Christ. 

May God open doors for you to be witnesses to his glory, peace, love, and grace. Prayers for this little one that he/she will be a testimony to his love and faithfulness. Prayers for wisdom for everyone involved, and that each step brings you closer to him.

I am praying for God to continue to cover you all with His peace. This peace passes all of our understanding. It strengthens us through any and all circumstances. 

With the journey and convictions leading to this point, I know the picture is so clear now.  But I also know that doesn't fully take away the hurt and fear completely. I love you and yes, God is good.

I just had the privilege to pray over your family and your journey!  Thousands of things flood my mind, one resonates and that is that He is God and we are not and thus His sovereign hand has ever detail in perfect order.  I am so grateful for your feet which are planted firmly in Him.

I will keep this brief knowing how precious time is and how overwhelming just communicating with those you love can be. I will be praying for ALL of you daily and like this morning continually as God speaks to my heart.  I know He will lead me in what and how to pray as I seek His face. The one thing that I want to share and I know you already know is that God is SUFFICIENT!  In my own journey of life this is one of the things I cling to over and over again. I wish I could be there and talk face to face or just sit and be with you or hold you but I know God is providing and will provide his ministering "angels" and I will stay on my knees and know I am here. I am humbled that you would trust me to pray, and pray I will. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment