My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:28, 50 ESV)

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Quick Update

I was holding off on writing an update, intending to wait until after I had had my OB appointment yesterday. I was originally scheduled to see the military women's health team one more time on January 9 before transferring all my care to the university medical center; however, I ended up going in for an appointment on January 3 because of my leg pain (related to the hamstring spasms that began the week after Christmas). The doctor didn't really tell me anything helpful during that visit, but she did order a follow-up Venous Doppler test to make sure the blood clots I had experienced had not moved into the deep-vein system. Thankfully that test showed much improvement with nothing to be concerned about, but unfortunately there was just not much anyone could tell me about the muscle pain, which was the whole reason I had called in the first place.

Anyway, we all decided that it would be best to just skip the Jan. 9 appointment, and they scheduled my first OB check-up at UNMC to be Friday, January 13. I had anticipated this appointment by pouring a fairly significant amount of time into composing a birth plan, a first in all my delivery experiences. [I will post more about the birth plan later.]

It was a full day but I was looking forward to spending more time with one of the doctors who may, in fact, be delivering Verity. Happily, the muscles in my right leg, while not entirely relaxed, are at least allowing me more mobility these recent days and have not been so much of a concern. So I was glad that I could focus on communicating specifically with the doctor and sharing some of the research that we've been gleaning.

So it was rather surprising when the receptionist was puzzled when I checked in for the appointment: her computer wasn't showing my name anywhere on the daily schedule. Some digging divulged that the appointment had been cancelled (by the patient???!) and rescheduled for Tuesday, January 17. This does happen to be convenient, since our next ultrasound is that afternoon and the two appointments are now back-to-back, a request I planned to make going forward anyway...but...it surely would have been nice if someone had notified me!! Particularly since I would have avoided a rather tragic end to the van's right mirror if I hadn't been driving downtown that day. Sigh.

So--all in all, really there is no news! Today marks 34 weeks. I'm mentally gearing up for 8 more weeks of being pregnant, since about 1/3 of Trisomy 18 babies come post-term and I haven't had any rumblings that indicate early labor...guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment