My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:28, 50 ESV)

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Today's Appointment

Time flies when you see the OB weekly! It was a fairly quick visit, so I'll keep this post brief:

  • I may have actually lost weight this week...but maybe that's because they took my potty sample before putting me on the scale, lol! Seriously, I have not even been tracking my weight this pregnancy. There are enough other things to be concerned about!
  • My blood pressure continues to be stellar. 
  • Verity's current favorite song: "Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming!" Clearly she is doing well.
  • I'm 39 weeks, 3 days, dilated a whopping one centimeter with no other signs of imminent labor. 
  • No one is at all concerned about discussing induction (unless I were to be in favor of that, which is a big fat negative). This makes me very happy.
  • We scheduled another ultrasound for next Tuesday. Hooray!
  • If the ultrasound shows that Verity is still tracking upward growth-wise, we will leave well enough alone. If for some reason it looks like she is not doing well, then of course we will discuss what needs to happen next.
  • Typically the docs would begin encouraging inducing around 41 weeks, but they are fine with allowing us to get to 42 weeks (again, assuming Verity is doing well in utero). 
I'm pleased with knowing the doctors are on board with allowing us to do what we feel is best. I'm also fairly relieved that my body, despite having lots of contractions on a fairly regular basis, does not seem to be in a big hurry to deliver Verity, at least as far as is possible for us to determine. We have some loosely-held plans for this weekend (including my 3 teens attending a Christian youth rally and celebrating my daughter's 10th birthday with her friends), so it would be nice to get past the weekend! 

Kenna's actual birthday is February 27, but we ended up having our family celebration last night as a just-in-case. The girls planning to join us for her friend party know that things depend on what is happening with Verity, so we will see!



No comments:

Post a Comment