My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:28, 50 ESV)

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valentine's Day Check-Up

Yesterday we went in for what may very well be Verity's final ultrasound! It's hard to believe we have made it past 38 weeks with this pregnancy. I really am starting to think it would be just like God to have Verity be our "latest" baby and come well past the 40-week mark! (So far that award goes to Tobin, who arrived only 2 days after his due date...most of our babies have been early!)

My mother-in-law, Rhonda, accompanied me to my appointments, and Ted joined us there from work. What a blessing to share the ultrasound time with her this time! My mom got to see Verity in November during our Thanksgiving week ultrasound, Charis has accompanied us a couple of times, and Ted has seen all but one in person.

Verity's heart rate was great, over 150bpm, and as usual she was wiggling all over the place. She is head down, and we got a great look at her little legs, knees and feet (but no pictures) that showed some meat on those little bones! Best of all was the news that she is weighing 5 pounds, 15 ounces, an astonishing amount of weight gain in 4 weeks...last time she was 4 pounds, 1 ounce! This puts her in the 8th percentile, up from the 4th where she was holding pretty steadily over the course of a few months. This also gives her an even better chance of faring well during and after birth. Her big sister Kenna, the earliest of our babies, arrived at 38 weeks and weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces. It's entirely possible that Verity will outweigh Kenna depending on how much longer she "cooks!" Our doctor seems to think all is going well and reiterated that the nurses are all on alert and ready for our arrival when the time comes.

Over the next couple of days, I have a project in mind: sorting through Rhema's newborn clothes and setting the smallest ones aside for Verity. Confession: these outgrown clothes have remained in bags in our basement because I couldn't muster the strength or energy to go through them, uncertain of whether they would ever be worn by another one of our little ones. But now...today...I feel pretty darn sure that we'll be bringing our girl home from the hospital! It's time to NEST!



4 comments:

  1. What a sweet little face! Glad to hear she's healthy and active!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heart is soaring! Remember when I said expect a Miracle???? God spoke that very clearly to me right after I heard about Verity's diagnosis. She is beautiful in the ultrasound and with a healthy heart and weight....I'd say she is already a little miracle baby. God Bless you and the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tremendous blessing that she's doing so well :) PTL! Continuing to pray as are the ladies in our Bible study . . . They keep asking about her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is simply jumping for joy! God is so good!!
    My heart and thoughts have so been with, as have my prayers.
    I'm soo excited for you.
    And by the way...What a doll. Look at those chubby little cheeks and pretty little lips.
    Sending love!!

    ReplyDelete